What are the symptoms of Lewy body dementia? (Symptoms of Lewy body dementia)
The following are common symptoms of Lewy body dementia:
- Confusion before the eyes: The first symptom of Lewy body dementia may be confusion before the eyes. Often this condition recurs. In this you can see figures, animals or people who are not there. There may be delusions such as hearing someone’s voice, smell or touch.
- Movement problems: Parkinson’s disease can cause symptoms such as slow movement, muscle tightness , tremors, or inability to move properly. These symptoms are seen in Parkinson’s disease, which are also seen in Lewy body dementia.
- Automatic Nervous System: Nervous system regulates blood pressure , pulse, sweating and digestive system. Often these functions are affected by Lewy body dementia. This can cause dizziness, falls and bowel problems like constipation.
- Learning problems: Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease include confusion, inability to concentrate, and memory loss. You can also see the same symptoms in Lewy body dementia. This can cause problems for you in learning.
- Problems with sleep: You may have problems with rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. This allows you to physically repeat the things of your dreams while you sleep.
- Instability in attention: It is possible to be lost in drowsiness, to look up at the sky for long periods of time, to take long naps during the day, or to use disorganized language. These symptoms are seen in Lewy body dementia.
- You may experience depression at times during this illness .
- You may run out of inspiration.
In addition to the above symptoms, Lewy body dementia may have other symptoms that are not listed above. If you are concerned about its symptoms, consult your doctor.
Read more: High Blood Pressure and its treatment
When should I see the doctor?
If you experience the above symptoms or have any questions in your mind, consult a doctor. Each person’s body responds differently to each disease. It would be advisable that you consult a doctor for a better understanding of the situation.