What are the symptoms of Uterine cancer?
The symptoms of uterine cancer can be similar to those of other conditions. This is especially true for other conditions affecting the reproductive organs. If you experience problems such as unusual pain, leakage or bleeding, talk to your doctor right away. A correct diagnosis is important so that you can receive proper treatment. Some of the common symptoms of this cancer are as follows:
Read more: Chikungunya: virus disease and its symptoms
Stages of Uterine Cancer
Over time, uterine cancer can spread from the uterus to other parts of the body. Cancer can be divided into four stages. So that, it can be known how much cancer has grown or spread. These stages are as follows:
- Stage 1 : This stage means that the cancer is present only in the uterus.
- Stage 2 : Cancer is present in the uterus and cervix in this stage.
- Stage 3: This stage means that the cancer has spread beyond the uterus but has not yet reached the rectum or bladder. It may be present in the fallopian tube, ovary, vagina, or nearby lymph nodes.
- Stage 4: This stage is considered an advanced stage and means that the cancer has spread to the pelvic area. It can be present in the bladder, rectum or distant tissues or organs.
When a person is diagnosed with this cancer, the stage of the cancer can affect its treatment and long-term outlook. Uterine cancer ie endometrial cancer can be easy to treat at an early stage. Now do you know how it is possible to solve this problem?
Read more: what is cerivical cancer know its symptoms and causes: more watch
How is Uterine Cancer Diagnosed?
If you see any symptoms of this problem, consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor will know about its symptoms and may ask you to do some tests to diagnose it. These tests are as follows:
CA 125 test: CA 125 test is the test in which CA 125, which is a protein, is tested through blood. The specific amount of CA 125 tells whether the patient has cancer or not.
- CT scans: In this test a detailed picture of the inside of the patient’s body can be taken.
- MRI scan: In this test, radio waves and powerful magnets are used to create images.
- Transvaginal ultrasound: In this type of ultrasound, a special device is inserted into the patient’s vagina to take pictures of the uterus.
Read more: what is bladder cancer know itsw symptoms causes and treatment and full watch to more.
Other tests :
- Endometrial biopsy : In this biopsy , a thin and flexible tube is inserted through the cervix into the uterus. In this, a small amount of the endometrium is removed.
- Hysteroscopy: In hysteroscopy, a hysteroscope is inserted through the vagina and cervix to reach your uterus, which is a long, thin tube. The instrument fitted with a narrow light and camera provides a detailed image of the uterus.
- Dilation and curettage : This is a complex procedure used to remove uterine tissue. This procedure takes place in the operating room. After this tissue sample is removed, it is sent to the lab for testing so that cancer can be diagnosed. Now know about the treatment of this problem.
Read more: blood clots be harmful to the human body kwon its symptoms
How can uterine cancer be treated?
Most people suffering from uterine cancer ie endometrial cancer may need surgery. Their particular treatment plan depends on the type of cancer and overall health. Apart from this, other treatments may also be advised, such as:
- Chemotherapy, in which powerful drugs are used to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: In this therapy, targeted radiation beams are used to destroy cancer cells .
- Hormone therapy Hormone therapy is a cancer treatment that uses hormones to slow or stop the growth of cancer.
- Immunotherapy, in immunotherapy, helps the immune system to fight cancer.
- Targeted therapy involves the use of medications that target specific cancer cells to prevent them from multiplying. Now other methods are also being discovered for the treatment of this cancer.
Surgery for Uterine Cancer
Surgery is the primary treatment for uterine cancer. Most often, hysterectomy is used in which surgeons remove the uterus and cervix.
- Abdominal hysterectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Radical hysterectomy
Surgeons also use two other procedures during a hysterectomy, such as:
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy
- Lymph node dissection
Read more: important thing to before after exercise watch more detail..
This was information about uterine cancer. Many people who have this problem need to have the ovaries removed . But, removing them means that if you have not had menopause yet, then it can be removed now. If you are under 45 years of age and are premenopausal, be sure to talk to your doctor about this. Not only this, this cancer cannot be avoided in most of the cases but you can reduce its risk.
For this you have to control diabetes , maintain a healthy weight and talk to your doctor if you are using oral contraceptives. These medicines may provide some protection against uterine cancer. If you have any question regarding this, then definitely know about it from the doctor.