1. Child Sleep Regression: How To Manage This Baby Sleep Disorder!
Written by Mudassar Hassan|| latest update||25,December,2021
The term sleep regression is defined as the period of time. when your baby, who has had a restful night’s sleep, starts waking up and walking in a drowsy sleep all of a sudden. Not only this, he also starts having napping issues. Usually, the problem of baby sleep regression can start at any time, when there is a change in your baby’s sleeping pattern. Parents can easily understand this problem. That is, when the baby is napping well two or more times a day, but suddenly refuses to do this or your baby. who wakes up once or twice in the night for feeding, starts getting up every two hours, then understand that Your child has a problem with sleep regression.
Baby Sleep Regression is seen as a link to developmental changes. Although this situation can be a bit difficult for the parents, but it is very important for you to know that the problem is a symptom of the correct development of the baby. That is, it means that the growth of the child is happening properly. Let us know about the symptoms of Baby Sleep Regression.
Read more: How to keep sleeping baby safe, bedding, pillows and more safety tips.
2. Symptoms of Baby Sleep Regression
The main symptom of baby sleep regression is that your baby’s sleeping pattern gets worse. The symptoms of sleep regression depend on the cause of your baby’s sleep problems. Its common symptoms are as follows:
- Shortening of baby’s daytime naps.
- Baby wakes up more overnight.
- Poor naps and excessive nighttime sleepiness of the child.
- This problem causes the child to refuse to sleep and nap.
- The child is irritable and upset.
- This was information about the symptoms of Baby Sleep Regression. Now let’s know about the reasons for this.
Read more: It is not safe for the baby to sleep on the tummy, know the right baby sleeping position.
3. Causes of Baby Sleep Regression
The most common cause of baby sleep regression is the baby reaching a developmental milestone. Apart from this, other reasons for this are as follows:
- Growth spurts, leaving babies extra hungry.
- Teething pain
- changes in their routines, such as sending your child to day care.
- Traveling, in which the child has trouble sleeping in a new environment.
Any disease like cold or ear infection etc.
Apart from this, there can be many other reasons for this sleep problem. Now know about Baby Sleep Regression in different age groups.
Read more: What are the problems in taking care of a new born baby and what to solve, know from these moms!
4. Baby Sleep Regression in Different Age Groups
Baby Sleep Regression can happen to babies at any age. It is linked to unpredictable factors such as changes in routine and illness. However, there are some periods when this problem is more due to growth support, teething and reaching new milestones etc. Find out about Baby Sleep Regression across different age groups.