You must know the 5S formula to get the baby comfortable during vaccination. If your baby is a newborn or under 5 months of age, you should use the 5S method during your child’s vaccination. These five things are included in the 5S method.
Swaddling – that is, wrapping the baby tightly in a cloth at the time of vaccination. In such a situation, you can leave the legs of the children open because the doctor has to give injections.
Stomach OR side – You need to hold the baby on the side or side of your stomach.
Shushing – In this case, you have to make a sound to the child.
Swinging – Children feel very good if they are swinging through their hands. You can also swing the baby through your hands slowly.
Suck – If you give the child an empty bottle of milk or other thing to suck on during the vaccination, then their attention gets distracted and they get vaccinated easily.
Read more: Tracheal Deviation: This windpipe problem starts like this!
3. Rest for the child during vaccination: It is necessary to distract the children’s attention
In order to make the baby feel comfortable during the vaccination, it becomes very important to distract the child. This information has also been found in research that if you adopt 4s out of 5s at the time of vaccination, then the amount of crying of babies can be greatly reduced. You can also ask the doctor once about this. If the doctor has asked the child about vaccination while drinking a bottle of milk or while breastfeeding. If the baby starts to breastfeed soon after getting the vaccine, then he or she cries less. In some cases, you can also consult a doctor.
If you lightly massage the skin with light pressure before and after the shot, the baby will feel less pain. Even if you make your child sit on your lap while getting vaccinated, or give him a toy or hold his favorite item, then his mind gets relaxed and he is not afraid of injection. If side effects are observed in the child after vaccination, you should contact the doctor immediately. After each vaccination , the child may experience some side effects, which are usually not dangerous. They also get better with time. You should get information about this from the doctor in advance.
Read more: Is school screening beneficial for mental health?
4. Remember these things prior to getting the antibody
If your child is older than 5 months and needs to be vaccinated, you can learn to adopt other methods. Due to which the children feel less afraid or the pain of the vaccine is reduced.
- You can give your child a sweet solution or a small amount of sucrose shortly before the vaccination. A small amount can help ease the pain in children. It might sound strange to you to hear this but it is true.
- Whatever injection you are going to give to the child , first of all, get information about it. You can get information about the side effects that occur before getting that vaccine or whether there are no specific side effects after taking the vaccine.
- Ointments or pain relievers can also work to help the baby feel comfortable during vaccination. You should get this information from the doctor. If the child is going to get the vaccine, then you can use an ointment or pain reliever, which can help to get relief from the pen. There are some similar ointments or cooling sprays, which are pre-applied to the injection site, so that the pain is not severe. You ought to counsel your PCP concerning this.
Read more: What is the relationship between age and fertility, know the opinion of experts on this!
- If the child is older than 5 months, then after seeing the injection, the child understands that now he is going to have pain. In such a situation, it becomes very important to explain to the children. You can explain to the child with love or you can take his favorite toy along with you. The pain of the injection is lessened when children get their favorite object nearby. Nowadays children are more attached to mobile phones. If your child is about to have an injection, you can also briefly show the child a funny video.
Vaccination is very important for the child. You are afraid of not vaccinating your child because they will be in pain. You can adopt some measures, due to which children can get relief from this pain in a short time. Still, if you have any rider in your mind, you can definitely ask your doctor.
Read more: Is Covid vaccine safe for children, know important questions related to it!
In this article, we have given you information about how to make baby feel comfortable during vaccination. Hope you liked the given information of Health Hrx try to get your questions answered by medical experts.
Health hrx Group does not provide health advice, diagnosis and treatment.