Leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy: Understand causes, symptoms and treatment
The onset of pregnancy and the changes taking place in the body is not a big deal, but it is important to understand the changes taking place in the uterus. The uterus plays a special role in the development of the fetus. The uterus itself decides the amount of nutrition needed by the baby and plays a role in the supply of amniotic fluid, but sometimes the baby leaks amniotic fluid long before delivery i.e. during pregnancy. Pregnancy) starts happening. If Leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy starts, then it is nothing less than an alarm bell. Therefore, why leaking amniotic fluid during pregnancy is dangerous and will share many important things related to it with you in this article today.
- What is amniotic fluid?
- Why can amniotic fluid leak out during pregnancy?
- What should be the level of amniotic fluid during pregnancy?
- Amniotic fluid is leaking during pregnancy, how to understand it?
- What complications can arise from leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy?
Let us now know the answers to these above mentioned questions related to amniotic fluid and why amniotic fluid leaking during pregnancy is dangerous.
What is Amniotic Fluid?
With pregnancy, amniotic fluid is formed from the nutrients and water present in the body. Amniotic fluid acts as a protective shield for the developing Fetus inside the uterus and it is from this that the baby gets the necessary nutrition. Now in such a situation, if the amniotic fluid starts leaking during pregnancy, then think that it can be harmful for both the pregnant woman and the unborn baby . Therefore, now we will understand further what are the reasons for Leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy.
Why can amniotic fluid leak out during pregnancy? (Cause of leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy)
According to the report published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, amniotic fluid is present in the amniotic sac. The amniotic sac is protected by two membranes, the chorion and the amnion, and when these membranes break due to some reason, the leakage of amniotic fluid begins.
Causes of leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy include-
- Amniotic fluid may leak out if the membranes rupture before the 37th or 38th week.
- Having a premature delivery during the first pregnancy .
- Infection in the vagina, cervix or uterus .
- Having surgery on the cervical area or uterus.
- Twins , multiple pregnancy or baby’s weight being more than normal.
- Not following a healthy diet.
- Smoking, alcohol or taking drugs during pregnancy .
- Having a bacterial infection .
- Abnormal development of uterus.
- Having a Trauma or Accident.
Leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy can occur in the conditions mentioned above.
Read more: Exercise Stress Test helps to find out about these diseases related to heart!
What should be the level of amniotic fluid during pregnancy?
(Level of Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy)
The level of amniotic fluid keeps increasing or decreasing during pregnancy, because it is from this that the baby gets its nutrition. The level of amniotic fluid is highest during the 36th week of pregnancy and the level of amniotic fluid starts decreasing after the 38th week.
Amniotic fluid is leaking during pregnancy, how to understand it?
(Symptoms of leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy)
The leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy can be understood in this way. like:
- There should not be any kind of smell from the discharge .
- Continuous discharge.
- Keep your underwear wet.
- Discharge even after toilet.
- The color of the discharge is light pink or white.
If such symptoms are seen during pregnancy, then consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Read more: This information about the HCHF diet for type 1 diabetes in children is of great use.
What complications can arise from leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy?
Leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy refers to the following conditions. like:
- If there is leakage of amniotic fluid in the first or second trimester of pregnancy, then such condition indicates a miscarriage or stillbirth .
- The growth of the baby can be hindered.
- The chances of infection increase.
- Leakage of amniotic fluid can lead to premature delivery.
- C-section delivery may be required.
- The placenta can shrink, so that the baby does not get the oxygen it needs.
To avoid any such situation, keep in mind the symptoms of Leaking Amniotic Fluid During Pregnancy.
Read more:Tracheal Deviation: This windpipe problem starts like this!
During pregnancy, a pregnant woman should be in constant contact with the doctor. Get a test or ultrasound done on the date prescribed by the doctor . By doing this , information related to the changes in the uterus, the growth of the baby and the amniotic fluid will be available. During this, follow the instructions given by the doctor properly and stay healthy.
In this article, you learned that leakage of amniotic fluid during pregnancy can be a serious problem. If it is not treated in time, it can cause harmful conditions for both the unborn baby and the pregnant. As soon as it is detected, get proper treatment from your doctor and consume healthy and nutritious diet. If you want to know any questions related to amniotic fluid or leakage of amniotic fluid, then it is better to understand from the experts.