Diabetes … According to the report published in the National Center for Disease Control, there are 356 crore diabetic patients in Pakistan.. It is estimated that by the year 2035, the number of diabetic patients in the country can be 109 million. Following an unhealthy lifestyle is believed to be the main reason behind this. At the same time, according to the report published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), type 2 diabetes patients are being seen more in rural areas of Pakistan. However, if diabetes is self-managed, then blood sugar level can be prevented from being imbalanced. Therefore, today in this article, we will share with you the answers to many questions related to Diabetes Self Management and Diabetes.
Note: The problem of diabetes can be reversed, but for this, it is necessary to consider the advice given by the doctor and the methods of self management in diabetes.
Read more: Huminsulin N: Know the advantages and disadvantages of Huminsulin N for diabetic patient.
2. What is Diabetes?
To manage diabetes self-management, first of all it is important to understand what is diabetes. Diabetes is one but different type of problem.
- Type 1 Diabetes: The problem of type 1 diabetes occurs in children and adolescents. When there is a problem of type 1 diabetes, insulin is not produced in the body at all or there is less. The main function of insulin is to control the glucose level in the blood. If insulin is not produced in the body, then in such a situation the problem of diabetes can start. According to research report, 5 to 10 percent of diabetic patients have type 1 diabetes problem. Such people have to depend on insulin replacement therapy for a lifetime.
- Type 2 Diabetes: In type 2 diabetes, the cells of the body oppose the action of insulin, which does not allow glucose to enter the cells. In such a situation, the glucose level in the blood increases. Increased blood glucose level damages body organs and increases the risk of hormonal imbalance. Is. At the same time, the lack of glucose in the body is able to break the cells. The problem of type 2 diabetes takes a long time to develop and the information about its diagnosis is available at the time of diagnosis in adulthood.
- Gestational diabetes: The third type of diabetes. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention, hormonal changes during pregnancy increase the risk of gestational diabetes. Although this problem of diabetes is cured after pregnancy, but in some women, the problem of type 2 diabetes starts after pregnancy.
These are the different types of diabetes and now we will understand further what should be done for diabetes self management, which can help in balancing the blood sugar level.
Read more: Understand what is type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
3. How to do Diabetes Self Management?
Many times, on hearing the name of the disease, many of us get nervous or upset. Whereas by doing this, the patient or family members inadvertently work to increase the mental tension. If you have got information about diabetes or any other disease, then it is necessary to follow the advice given by the doctor to get rid of the disease and here we are going to share tips with you for Diabetes Self Management. Huh.
4. Diabetes Self Management Tips 1: Keep Weight Balanced
Increasing weight not only serves to feast on diabetes, but many serious diseases. Therefore, according to the report published in the American Diabetes Association, it is important to keep the weight balanced. At the same time, according to research reports, it can help in reducing the glycated hemoglobin level by 0.3 to 2 percent in type 2 diabetes patients.
5. Diabetes Self Management Tips 2: Eat Healthy Food Habit
Patients of both type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes should regularly consume green leafy vegetables, asparagus, beet, carrot, celery, onion, black pepper, sprouts and tomato in their diet. On the other hand, if we talk about fruits, then eat such fruits, which contain Vitamin-C, Vitamin-A, Fiber, Magnesium, Potassium and Mineral. quantity is high. Its consumption increases immunity power, as well as it is also highly beneficial for diabetic patients.
Read more: Pancreatogenic Diabetes: Do you know about this third type of diabetes?
6. Diabetes Self Management Tips 3: Do Yoga or Exercise Daily
(Yoga and Workout)
This is the best option for self-management and keeping the body active in diabetes, because regular exercise or yoga helps you to stay healthy. According to a report published in the American Diabetes Association, diabetic patients should do exercise or yoga for half an hour at least 5 days a week. However, if diabetic patients are suffering from any other health condition other than diabetes, then exercise or yoga should be done after consulting a doctor and under the supervision of experts.
7. Diabetes Self Management Tips 4: Take Medication at the Right Time
Self-management tips in diabetes It should be taken care of when the doctor has advised the patient to take medicine or insulin. Healthy food habits, regular workouts or yoga asanas along with regular consumption can help in managing blood sugar levels.
8. Diabetes Self Management Tips 5: Stay away from alcohol and smoking
If you want to do self-management in diabetes, then you should also keep yourself away from alcohol and smoking. The American Diabetes Association report also recommends that e-cigarettes should not be consumed. If diabetic patients smoke, then they are unknowingly doing the work of feasting on cardiovascular disease and diabetes complications.
Read more: Consumption of alcohol in diabetes can be harmful or not, read this article to know!
9. What are the things that diabetic patients should not consume? (Things to avoid)
- Do not consume refined sugar.
- Do not consume carbonated drinks.
- Do not consume salt from above in food.
- The Diabetes plate method is an easy way to keep blood sugar levels in balance, so that you can get enough food items.
- This is a regular 9-inch plate, which includes essential nutrients.
Read more: Have Diabetes! Insulin plant stevia can be consumed, but after the permission of the doctor!
10. What should be the blood sugar level for self-management of diabetes? (Balanced blood sugar level)
According to the report published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, the blood sugar level according to age should be the following.
- Fasting- 80-180 mg/dL
- Before meal – 90-180 mg/dL
- Before exercise – 150 mg/dL
- During sleep – 100-180 mg/dL
Read more: Do not ignore the symptoms of diabetes in children.
- Fasting- 70-150 mg/dL
- Before meal – 90-130 mg/dL
- Before exercise – 150 mg/dL
- During sleep- 90-150 mg/dL
more than 20 years
- Fasting – 100 mg/dL
- Before meal- 70-130 mg/dL
- Before exercise – 180 mg/dL
- During sleep – 100-140 mg/dL
Read more: Stress increases the risk of heart disease and diabetes, know expert prevention tips!
If you want to know the answer of any question related to diabetes or diabetes self management or if you are going through any such physical problem, then you should consult your doctor as soon as possible. Any disease can be easily treated in the initial stage, you can also get rid of the disease or it can be easily managed.
To keep the body healthy, special care should be taken about the food and drink. Along with this, it is considered necessary to do regular and correct yoga asanas. By clicking on this video link given below, you can understand the asanas related to yoga and include them daily in your life.